Dormitories are located in 3 cities of the region; therefore, accommodation is suggested according to the faculty.
Find your faculty and decide where you want to stay.
Campus in Katowice:
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (Biology, Biotechnology and Environmental Protection)
- Faculty of Law and Administration
- Faculty of Science and Technology (Mathematics, Chemistry)
- Faculty of Humanities (Polish Philology, History, Philosophy)
- Faculty of Social Sciences (Political Science, Journalism, Sociology, Pedagogy, Psychology)
- Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School
- Faculty of Theology
- School of Polish Language and Culture
Campus in Chorzów:
- Faculty of Science and Technology (Materials, Physics)
Campus in Sosnowiec:
- Faculty of Humanities (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Slavonic)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences)
- Faculty of Science and Technology (Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering)
Campus in Cieszyn:
- Faculty of Arts and Educational Science
1) Places in our dormitories will be allocated on the ‘first come, first served' basis.
2) Priority will be given to students who have uploaded all required application documents in the ePASS system.
3) Rooms in the dormitory are allocated not earlier than 1 month prior to the start of the semester. The student receives an automatic email sent from the ePASS system regarding the allocated room in the dormitory or is informed that his/her request for a room is rejected due to the lack of places. This information appears also after loging into your personal ePASS account.
4) Students looking for accommodation on the private market can contact our office to get some recommendations about the possible options. The real property market in Katowice is well developed, so students who would like to look for accommodation on the private market should be able to easily find a room/apartment to stay. University of Silesia in Katowice takes no responsibility for private accommodation, other than University dormitories.
Please, note that in the academic year 2021/2022 the number of places in our dormitories will be limited.
As of the 1st July 2021, two out of three university dormitories in Katowice-Ligota: DS 2 and DS 7 will be closed for renovation (thermal modernization and fire protection adjustment). Most students will be offered a room in our dormitories in Sosnowiec (ca 20-30 min from Katowice by bus).
However, despite our efforts we may not be able to guarantee a place in the dormitories for everyone.
We would like to recommend a new private facility Student Residence Hall BASECAMP, which has been recently built in Katowice and which has prepared
a special offer for students of University of Silesia.
The condition for booking the accommodation within the conditions therein is sending the promotional code by the student to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
To get the special booking code email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation offer for foreign students coming to University of Silesia within the educational exchange programmes and agreements: single room (15,7 sqm), single with balcony (19,5 sqm), studio (18,9 sqm), studio Large (23,7 sqm), studio Large with balcony (24,3 sqm).
Booking window: from 01st August to 31st of October 2021 (or exhaustion of the places)
Booking period: from September 2021 to August 2022
Studios can be occupied by two persons, with a shared bed.
Including: Wi-Fi, access to common kitchens, access to the cinema, 24/7 fully equipped Gym, 24/7 access to laundry, BaseLife Community!
The lease contract, containing the terms of the lease and obligations of the parties, the student concludes with ST Katowice Krasińskiego LLC - a company conducting the Student Residence Hall BASECAMP at 30 Paderewskiego Street in Katowice.
NOTE: All matters regarding accommodation will be regulated by a contract signed between the student and Student Residence Hall BASECAMP.
|Dormitory Regulations||428.87 KB|
|Accommodation Guide||422.73 KB|
|Accommodation fees - Katowice and Sosnowiec 2021/2022||140.64 KB|
|Accommodation fees - Cieszyn 2021/2022||125.21 KB|
|Guest fees 2021/2022||296.65 KB|
|Summer fees 2021||439.68 KB|