facebook twitter instagram issuu linkedin google+ research gate youtube ustv

Health insurance

Students from the European Union or European Economic Area are entitled to medical services on the basis of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). It should be issued by a competent domestic authority before arrival to Poland.

The institution responsible for health care in Poland is the Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (NFZ) - the National Health Fund.
To get treatment by a general practitioner (examination and consultation) you should go to a doctor who has a contract with the NFZ and show your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a replacement certificate.

To get treatment by a specialist, such as an obstetrician, dentist, dermatologist, venereologist, oncologist, eye specialist or psychiatrist you do not need a referral. To go to any other specialist you need to go to a general practitioner first. In general we can say, that the standard treatment by a specialist who has a contract with the NFZ is free, but costs of above-standard services and materials have to be covered by the patient.

Detailed information concerning health care in Poland can be found at: http://www.nfz.gov.pl/

In a case of emergency call 999 or 112.


Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej
Copyright © 2001-2018
Uniwersytet Śląski w Katowicach
Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.