facebook twitter instagram issuu linkedin google+ research gate youtube ustv

Legalization of Stay

Students who are the citizens of the European Union or European Economic Area do not need a visa when entering Poland. However, for stays longer than 3 months, students should obtain a temporary residence permit at Silesian Voivodeship Office.

Silesian Voivodeship Office
Department for Citizenship and Foreigners
Address: Katowice, ul. Jagiellońska 25
Phone: +48/32/207 79 21
E-mail: wsoim@katowice.uw.gov.pl

office hours:
7:30 - 15:30

All necessary information you will find here:




Student from a non-EU country are required to possess a visa. It should be issued by a competent domestic authority before arrival to Poland. A short-term visa entitles you to stay in Poland for up to 3 months; a long-term visa - up to 1 year. Students who have a visa type D do not need to legalize their stay in Poland.



Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej
Copyright © 2001-2018
Uniwersytet Śląski w Katowicach
Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.